KTM 85 SX 17/14 2019
STEP INTO THE BIG LEAGUES
With the pro ranks within reach, the KTM 85 SX offers a real taste of the big league of motocross. Following in the footsteps of champions, every inch of this motorcycle mimics the proven design of the big bike range. A lightweight, WP-engineered frame houses its compact "rocket ship" of an engine, which delivers unrivalled performance and rideability. This mini warrior is the ultimate race weapon and is ready to go out and conquer all in the fight for the top step of the podium.
ENGINE & EXHAUST
- KTM 2-strokes have been tearing up MX tracks for decades and are undoubtedly the fastest on the track today.
- Thanks to constant, unwavering progression, these engines set the benchmark in performance and technology, with the perfect combination of power, weight, and control.
- Through melodic high-RPM screams, KTM 2-strokes continue to deliver thrilling high-performance harmonics.
- For the 85cc, KTM has successfully developed a chassis that not only handles the hard-charging brutality of a 15-year-old but also effectively accommodates a lightweight newcomer to the class.
- This is effectively achieved through its lightweight, high-tech steel frame. It has optimised flex characteristics that provide a great feeling for the rider and help to soak up those big hits, while also delivering excellent agility and high-speed stability.
- Every element is designed to work in perfect harmony and contributes to an intuitive ride like no other.
ERGONOMICS & COMFORT
- 85cc riders come in all shapes and sizes and require intelligent motorcycle design to deal with their wide range of dynamics.
- For optimal high-performance ergonomics, KTM used the proven design of the big bike range on the KTM 85 SX.
- The goal was to provide a neutral riding position that, together with perfectly shaped bodywork, offers the best rider comfort and maneuverability.
- A rider's main interaction with the motorcycle comes through the seat, footpegs, and handlebars, which is why KTM has used the best quality parts in these areas.
- The placement of these crucial contact points is also vitally important for balance and control and, through various handlebar position options, can be adjusted to suit a rider's preference.
- This ensures the optimal riding position for race-winning performance.
BODYWORK & GRAPHICS
- The bodywork on the 2019 KTM 85 SX was designed to have the same touch points and overall feeling like the full-size SX range.
- This similarity in bodywork is great preparation for an 85 cc rider's imminent move to the bigger bikes of pro-level motocross, making the transition as seamless as possible.
- KTM factory riders, KTM R&D and Kiska Design all contributed to achieving the goal of complete harmony between rider and bike.
- These contact points allow maximum freedom of movement and improved agility.
- The front and rear fenders have an I-beam structure, which are prime examples of the intelligent design that produces maximum stability with the lowest possible weight.
- The bodywork is fittingly finished off with aggressive, modern graphics, leaving the competition in no doubt of a rider's race-winning intentions.
|Category/Type||MTX Motocross 2 Stroke|
|Supplier's Colour Name||KTM Orange/Black/White|
|Engine Details||84.9cc, 2-stroke, 1-cylinder|
|Fuel System||MEDJ Digital|
|Clutch||Wet, multi-disc clutch, Formula hydraulics|
|Chassis type||Central-tube frame with double-cradle|
|Front Suspension||WP-USD, AER 43, Ø 43 mm. 278mm of travel|
|Rear Suspension||WP-PDS Monoshock. 305mm of travel|
|Front brake type||240mm Disc brake|
|Rear Brake type||210mm Disc brake|
|Fuel Capacity Total (L)||5.2|
|Seat Height (mm)||865|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||336|
|MPN||Does not apply|
KTM Motorrad AG with registered office in Mattighofen produces and develops race-ready offroad and street motorcycles.
KTM's products are distributed via 31 sales subsidiaries and two joint ventures in Dubai and New Zealand, to more than 1,700 independent dealers and importers worldwide.
Since 1995, the Company in addition to its KTM-branded vehicles has also been developing and producing motorcycles under the HUSABERG brand in KTM Motorrad AG, which due to the acquisition of the license rights to the HUSQVARNA brand in 2013 are marketed as "Husqvarna Motorcycles" again.
As global market leader in the offroad competition segment, KTM in the 1990s also started to develop street motorcycles. By now, the Company is offering an attractive and comprehensive product range of offroad and street motorcycles.
- Orders below $99.00 = freight is $9.95 (including GST Australia wide)
- Orders $99 and over = Freight is FREE (including GST Australia wide) (except bulky orders)
- Bulky orders = freight is $29.95 (inc GST Australia wide). Examples: tyres, gear bags, ramps, large exhausts, bulk orders of many many items.
Information is provided on each product page if the item has a freight charge)
Peter Stevens Motorcycles uses various freight providers depending on your location, but most orders are sent via Australia Post.
We send most orders via Registered Post. Please contact us if you would like to know shipping times and postage upgrade costs.
All orders require a signature upon delivery. If no-one is in attendance at time of delivery, the order will be diverted to the closest Australia Post outlet, or relevant courier depot.
WE DO NOT ALLOW PACKAGES TO BE LEFT UNATTENDED OR WITHOUT A SIGNATURE.
If paying with Paypal, we will only send to the address lodged with Paypal.
Your card or your Paypal will be charged at the time of purchase.
Then we despatch web orders Monday through to Friday; we will make every effort to despatch your order within 1 working day whenever possible
(we can't ship or process orders on weekends or public holidays). All orders are despatched out of Melbourne.
Most orders are stored at our main warehouse and sent ASAP. However, due to the huge range of items and parts we offer to you,
individual products may be gathered from any of our 8 store locations, or 2 warehouses, to our main warehouse.
Then they are checked, packed, and shipped to you. Because of this, shipping times may be extended by 2-3 days depending on the supply location of your item/s.
Australian External Territories will be considered International Orders and will have a freight charge applied equal to our freight cost to pack and send the item. (including Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands)
In some instances your request to order may be declined where a prompt freight service cannot be offered. Any payments made will be refunded in full.
Due to the time frame for freight deliveries to these locations, no missing articles will be considered by Peter Stevens Motorcycles or the relevant shipping company before a minimum of 3 months from shipping date.
EXCHANGE AND RETURNS POLICY
Need a different size? We will accept exchanges up to 30 days!*
*The item must be in the condition sold to you, un-used and with tags attached (where applicable). Item for exchange must be brand new, never-installed/used, and with full undamaged packaging. Special ordered items, spare parts, and/or electronics, cannot be returned unless faulty or not-as-described (no return due to change of mind or wrong fitment).
Any return postage is at the customer's expense. We recommend registered post or our tracked flat-rate return postage voucher to ensure certified delivery. Upon receipt, store credit to the full value of the returned items will be given.
If we have sent you the incorrect or faulty goods we will cover the cost of freight return and re-sending the correct goods to you. When we agree to cover the cost of return post, an Australia Post Pre Paid return label will be sent to the email address used in the initial order. Once you have received the Return Post label from us, print out the label, stick it to the top of the box you are returning to us and drop the box at your nearest Australia Post Office. Australia Post will look after the rest from there.
This Exchange policy is only applicable for Australian customers: all international exchange return and re-send will be wholly at the customers cost.
If you have any questions regarding these terms please call us on (03) 8340 9495.
So... have you seen the bike of your dreams, but not sure if you can afford it?
Give our Finance & Insurance team a call and we’ll explain the various options to you.
With support from some of Australia's leading providers of motor vehicle finance we can offer the most competitive rates and get you approved and on the road faster than you could imagine.
- No deposit finance available
- We finance New, Used and Off Road bikes
- Self-employed applicants welcome
- Quick, simple and convenient
- Insurance available on bike and loan payments
- Insurance can be built into financed amount
Before you hit the road with your new bike make sure you talk to us about insurance too. There are some great insurance products available now such as tyre and rim insurance to help you enjoy your new motorcycle or scooter fuss free.
Be the first to review this product
Send an enquiry
Formed in 1992 but traces its foundation to as early as 1934, In the early days, the Austrian manufacturer was best known for producing race-winning off-road motorcycles, winning more than 260 world championship titles.
The championship titles continued when the brand took its foray into road bikes winning world titles in Moto 3.
The ready-to-race range includes the favoured LAMS RC 390 and Duke 390, the 1290 Superduke sports tourer and 1290 Super Adventure as well as the crowd-pleasing 1290 Super Duke R.
Would you like to know more about purchasing a KTM Motorcycle from Peter Stevens? Leave your details below and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENQUIRY
Give us a call
If you’d prefer to contact us for any questions here is the number from your preferred store.
Website by Balance Internet